- What: Jam for Change is a big arts Jam Session. We want people to come along and make art, music, video games and any content you can think of. At the end of the following week we will bundle it all together and sell it to raise funds for women's aid.
- The theme: party games!
- Ability required: Absolutely none! we will be providing lot's of support and materials, feel free to bring along children. They will find it easy to get involved and make content during the Jam.
- The aim: raising money for Women's Aid, to stop violence against women! Join us for this free event on Saturday 7th - Sunday 8th April 2018. You can join in person at Newspeak House, or take part online from the comfort of your own home.
- Date: Saturday 7th - Sunday 8th April 2018
- Time: 10-6 each day
- Location: Online on Itch.io or Newspeak House, 133 Bethnal Green Road, London, E2 7DG, or sign up online below or on eventbrite.
- Submission: Online on itch.io/jam/jam-for-change
Come make stuff together in a friendly space full of first-time jammers, experienced devs, and people who've never done any game development whatsoever.
We will offer support for everyone and even some of our own tools and entire games you can use to simply mod and theme yourself. Even if you have no experience whatsoever you WILL be able to make a game or two.
We will spend 8 hours each day together having fun and making things! It should be inspired by the theme, but can be as weird and wonderful as you like: a digital version of Pass the Parcel, or a twister inspired boardgame! Don't worry if it all goes wrong! At the end of it, we shall have something fun.
At the end of the next week the creations will all be bundled together and sold to raise funds for women's aid.
Jam For Change
April 7th - 8th
Together with partners Women's Aid, DevSpace is hosting the first annual Jam for Change.
Jam For Change will bring together creatives of all industries to build a bundle of digital media to fundraise for Women's Aid. Members of industry collective DevSpace and the general public will get together to create games, art and other content to raise much needed funds for charity. Please join us, in person or online, to lighten the load for women and children who have suffered domestic abuse.
This very first Jam for Change takes place at New Speak House, London UK, on the 7th & 8th of April 2018. If you are keen to hear more, help out, or just get involved and Jam for Change with us, then please either sign up to the Eventbrite below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you are taking part or not- come join us! DevSpace runs events all year round, and there are lots of inspiring and talented people to connect with in and around our community. Use the "Contact Us" page of the website to get in touch or to request an invite to our Slack.